The application deadline for the 2018 Globe Gear Giveaway is June 1, 2018. Globe, DuPont Protection Solutions (DuPont), and the National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC) have teamed up for the seventh year to provide state-of-the-art turnout gear to volunteer fire departments in need. 13 departments will each receive four sets of new gear, for a total of 52 sets.
To be eligible to apply for the Globe Gear Giveaway, departments must meet the following criteria:
- be all-volunteer or mostly-volunteer (over 50 percent)
- serve a population of 25,000 or less
- be located in the U.S. or Canada and legally organized under state/province law
- demonstrate a need for the gear
- department or person applying must be a member of the NVFC.
Proper turnout gear is vital to the safety of firefighters; however, budget restrictions often leave many volunteer departments struggling to outfit their crew with personal protective clothing that meets recommended national safety standards. Since 2012, Globe and DuPont have provided 402 sets to a total of 82 departments in need.
Learn more and apply for Globe gear at www.nvfc.org/globe-gear-giveaway. Winners will be announced monthly between July and December.